After chocking on his lunch at school, a five-year old boy has given up the ghost.

The boy, who is not named, was believed to have been in the lunch hall at Anlaby Primary School in Hull on Friday when he started choking.The boy was reportedly rushed to hospital but was sadly declared dead shortly afterwards.

Gareth May, the headmaster said: ‘The whole school community is deeply saddened by this tragic event and the thoughts of everyone connected with the school are with the child’s family.’

Yorkshire Ambulance Service confirmed they were at the school on Friday in an attempt to save the boy’s life. An inquest into the boy’s death is expected to take place at Hull Coroner’s Court.