17-Year-Old Boy Died And Woke Up On His Way To His Burial


A 17-year old boy, Kumar Marewad, believed to have died suddenly woke up on his way to his own funeral.

Marewad was placed on a ventilator after he was bitten by a dog and his health condition worsened rapidly.

The teenager was taken off life support at the private hospital where he was being treated after doctors told his relatives that he will not survive.

Sharanappa Naikar, Marewad’s brother-in-law, told the Times of India: ‘We had decided to take Kumar home after doctors told us his chances of survival were bleak once taken off the ventilator.’

Kumar, however, opened his eyes, a mile from where the funeral was due to take place and started breathing rapidly.

His hands and legs were moving so he was taken back to hospital.

Dr Mahesh Neelakhantannavar who spoke on the incident said: ‘Kumar is on ventilator. We suspect he suffers from meningoencephalitis, an infection caused due to dog bite.’